my life lately...

on Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wow, I think I underestimated youth ministry. Im tired. Wore out. Exhausted. We have not been home earlier than 10pm every night for the past 2 or 3 weeks. On the 13th we had a Worth the Wait Lock-In, and then the next day we had the Valentines Banquet. Yeah, Back to Back. I dont know what I was thinking. Never in my life will I do that again! I went on no sleep already on the 13th, then staying up all night, and then the banquet. Lets just say I had a few mental breakdowns during that day. Nothing was working out, everything was a disaster. We didnt have enough steak and chicken for the dinner, the charcoal went out and wasnt working, in 1 hour we had only cooked 10 steaks and it was time for the dinner to start. But luckily, thank you God, I was able to get ahold of Daniels grandparents and they brought the propane grill... It took 45 minutes and we got 20 steaks and 15 chickens cooked! Thank the Lord. It all came together. It actually turned out really well... by the grace of God. Everyone says it was the best they had ever been too... and also to my benefit, for some reason a ton of people did not pay attention to announcements and thought that it started at 7p, so the food being late wasnt a big deal either. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you, you hanging in there? love ya!